10.5.2022 | Estonia
Test your knowledge of Estonia in our May Quiz!
Photo Andrei Chertkov
1. Who is the Prime Minister of Estonia?
A. Liina Kersna
B. Kaja Kallas
C. Kersti Kaljulaid
2. Who is the coach of the Estonian national basketball team?
A. Jukka Toijala
B. Lassi Tuovi
C. Gordon Herbert
3. Which country ruled Southern Estonia from 1561 to 1629?
4. What is the average altitude in Estonia?
A. About 20 meters
B. About 50 meters
C. About 150 meters
5. What is the old folk name for May in Estonian?
6. When did the “Voice of America” start broadcasting in Estonia?
7. What is the Estonian national flower?
8. What is the lowest air temperature ever measured in Estonia?
A. -33.5 °
B. -43.5 °
C. -53.5 °
9. What was Estonia’s GDP in 2021?
A. About € 19.6 billion
B. About € 25.6 billion
C. About € 31.6 billion
10. In what year were the first free elections held in Estonia?
11. How much of Tartu’s city centre was destroyed in World War II?
A. About 25 per cent
B. About 50 per cent
C. About 75 per cent
12. What was the unemployment rate in Estonia in the fourth quarter of 2021?
Answers: 1. B, 2. A, 3. C, 4. B, 5. C, 6. B, 7. C, 8. B, 9. B, 10. A, 11. B, 12. A
To learn more about this and similar topicsCornflower
Voice of America
22.6.2022 | Estonia
Additional trips added to Saaremaa ferry route over busy Midsummer period
The Transport Administration has announced that additional ferry trips have been added to the Virtsu– Kuivastu route linking the … Read more
18.6.2022 | Estonia
Elisa launches the first new generation 5G network in Estonia
Yesterday, entertainment and communication service provider Elisa launched the first 5G network in Estonia operating on a real 5G … Read more
16.6.2022 | Estonia
Tallinn’s Ülemiste City moves away from single-use packaging
The business district, Ülemiste City in Tallinn, has begun a partnership with the company Ringo Eco to reduce … Read more
15.6.2022 | Estonia
Lux Express introduce summer bus routes from Tartu to both Kuressaare and Narva-Jõesuu
The bus operator Lux Express will begin operating two summer season routes from Tartu, from this Friday (June 17). … Read more
15.6.2022 | Estonia
2.3 magnitude earthquake detected of north-west coast of Estonia
On Monday morning at 6:10 am, the Finnish-Estonian seismic monitoring system recorded a 2.3 magnitude earthquake west of Paldiski … Read more
12.6.2022 | Estonia
University of Tartu among top 300 best universities in the world
According to the latest QS World University Rankings, the University of Tartu ranked 296th, up four places on the … Read more
10.6.2022 | Estonia
Deadline to apply for energy subsidies in Tallinn this Sunday
Residents of Tallinn have until Sunday, June 12, to apply for subsidies to help with the cost of energy … Read more
10.6.2022 | Leisure
Tallinn’s Patarei Sea Fortress set to be renovated by 2025
Developer US Real Estate has announced plans to begin renovations of the Patarei Sea Fortress this year. The project, … Read more