11.12.2021 | Leisure
Test your knowledge of Estonia in our December Quiz!
Photo Andrei Chertkov
1. By what name is Santa Claus known in Estonia?
2. Who is the mayor of Tallinn?
A. Taavi Aas
B. Edgar Savisaar
C. Mihhail Kõlvart
3. How many meters above sea level is the average height of Estonian land?
A. About 50
B. About 100
C. About 150
4. Which country ruled Southern Estonia from 1561 to 1629?
5. What is the old folk name for December in Estonian?
6. In December of which year did the Communists attempt a coup in Estonia?
7. How many rivers and streams flow into Peipsi lake?
8. What was the unemployment rate in Estonia in the third quarter of 2021?
9. Who is the manager of the rally driver Ott Tänak?
A. Timo Jouhki
B. Markko Märtin
C. Juha Kankkunen
10. What war between 1904 and 1905 involved many Estonian men?
A. The Russia-Japan War
B. Crimean War
C. World War I
11. What is the administrative centre of Läänemaa?
12. Which country was the first to recognize Estonia’s re-independence in August 1991?
Answers: 1. B, 2. C, 3. A, 4. C, 5. B, 6. A, 7. C, 8. A, 9. B, 10. A, 11. B, 12. C
To learn more about this and similar topicsEstonia Quiz
2.7.2022 | Leisure
There are 136 campsites in Estonia for those travelling with a motorhome. Here we present 20 of the best.
Northern Estonia Vanamõisa Caravanpark 1 If you don’t want to go too far from Tallinn, then a good place … Read more
30.6.2022 | Leisure
Tartu’s popular summer Car-Free Avenue opens tomorrow with a concert from Stefan and Justament
On July 1, the popular Car-Free Avenue will return to the centre of Tartu. This year, Vabaduse Puiestee will … Read more
29.6.2022 | Leisure
A cozy day in the fascinating world of science
The Science Center AHHAA has two main exhibitions, with the themes of technology and nature. In addition to the … Read more
28.6.2022 | Leisure
Caravanning in Estonia – “Don’t settle for just one campsite”
The caravan season will soon be at its busiest again, and this summer is expected to be a record … Read more
21.6.2022 | Leisure
Public Midsummer celebrations in Tallinn and Viimsi
Midsummer (June 24) is one of the most important celebrations of the year in Estonia. It was traditionally celebrated … Read more
19.6.2022 | Leisure
Tallinn Botanic Garden to exhibit hundreds of different types of blooming peonies from tomorrow
Between 20 June and 3 July, Tallinn Botanic Garden welcomes visitors to a fascinating world of gorgeous peonies. On … Read more
13.6.2022 | Leisure
Disney+ streaming service to launch in Estonia tomorrow
The Disney+ streaming service will begin broadcasting in Estonia from tomorrow. On top of countless classic Disney made movies … Read more
10.6.2022 | Leisure
Tallinn’s Patarei Sea Fortress set to be renovated by 2025
Developer US Real Estate has announced plans to begin renovations of the Patarei Sea Fortress this year. The project, … Read more