4.1.2022 | Estonia
January Quiz! Test your knowledge of Estonia…
Photo Andrei Chertkov
1. Palmse Manor is in which county?
2. In what year did Estonia become a member of NATO?
3. How old is Estonian singer Ivo Linna?
A. 52 years
B. 62 years
C. 72 years
4. In what year did Estonia become independent for the first time?
5. What is the old folk name for January in Estonian?
6. Which party is not represented in the Estonian government?
A. Estonian Centre Party
B. Social Democratic Party
C. Estonian Reform Party
7. What year is the first written mention of St. Olaf’s Church in Tallinn?
8. According to the Bank of Estonia (Eesti Pank), how much did Estonia’s economy grow by in 2021?
A. About 3 per cent
B. About 5 per cent
C. About 8 per cent
9. How many different mammal species live in Estonia?
10. In what year was the Tartu Peace Treaty signed between Estonia and Soviet Russia?
11. Who is the Ambassador of the USA to Estonia?
A. Jeffry Levine
B. John Wiley
C. Brian Roraff
12. In what year did Estonia become a member of the UN?
Answers: 1. A, 2. B, 3. C, 4. B, 5. A, 6. B, 7. A, 8. C, 9. C, 10. B, 11. C, 12. A
To learn more about this and similar topicsEstonia Quiz
5.7.2022 | Estonia
The 700-year-old Tallinn Town Hall is open to the public all summer
Tallinn’s town hall turns 700 this year. The building is unique. It is the best-preserved town hall in all … Read more
4.7.2022 | Estonia
In memory of Žorik
Ville Hytönen's column Ville Hytönen is a Finnish journalist-writer living in Suurupi, Harku. In January 2022, A character … Read more
3.7.2022 | Estonia
Second earthquake in two weeks hits of north-western coast of Estonia
According to the Finnish and Estonian Seismic Monitoring System,a 1.4 magnitude earthquake was recorded in Alliklepa Bay, west of … Read more
2.7.2022 | Leisure
There are 136 campsites in Estonia for those travelling with a motorhome. Here we present 20 of the best.
Northern Estonia Vanamõisa Caravanpark 1 If you don’t want to go too far from Tallinn, then a good place … Read more
1.7.2022 | Estonia
Paldiksi-Kapellskär ferry to be replaced temporarily with Tallink’s Regal Star vessel
From July 2 to July 11, Tallink’s vessel Sailor, which operates on its Paldiksi-Kapellskär route, will be replaced by … Read more
1.7.2022 | Estonia
Current temperatures likely to be the hottest this summer
According to the latest forecasts of the Estonian Environment Agency. The current temperatures of around 30oC are likely to … Read more
30.6.2022 | Leisure
Tartu’s popular summer Car-Free Avenue opens tomorrow with a concert from Stefan and Justament
On July 1, the popular Car-Free Avenue will return to the centre of Tartu. This year, Vabaduse Puiestee will … Read more
30.6.2022 | Estonia
Parental gender benefit gap at lowest ever levels
According to Statistics Estonia, in 2021, the average monthly parental benefit was 1,205 euros for women and 1,463 … Read more